“Mama always said, Life was like a box of chocolates.” “You never know what you’re going to get”, as (Tom Hanks) once put it in the movie Forrest Gump. I agree, and with Easter on the way no one knows what they are going to get, but I know what everyone wants. C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E!!!!! Easter just wouldn’t be Easter without chocolate candy, the Easter bunny, jelly beans, or a scavenger hunt but I’ve got even more things to add to the list for your Easter basket.
When I was invited to the HERSHEY’S Easter Blogger Event given by The Licensing Company I knew I was going to be in for a chocolate treat but what I’m about to share with you will make you stop what you’re doing and re-arrange your Easter gift baskets if you’ve already started working on them. You are going to want to add more to it.
Have you ever received or given your child an Easter basket filled with HERSHEY’S flavored lip balms? How about JOLLY RANCHER nail polish or pink BUBBLE YUM LIP GLOSS? Sounds yummy right? Well now you can kick your Easter baskets up a notch and show your kids there’s more ways to be creative and have the neighbors kids saying “Where did you get your basket?” Did you know HERSHEY’s even have woven accessories? What about throwing in a headband made from HERSHEY’s wrappers? They even have wallets, bracelets, and key chains. You can get these items in your favorite brands like REESE’S, HERSHEY’S KISSES, WHOPPERS, ALMOND JOY, etc, etc. I don’t know about you but I love arm candy and a cute headband.
Your Easter basket will be the talk of the parade. You can also throw in your favorite HERSHEY’S t-shirt. Whatever HERSHEY’s brand you like you can now wear it in style. Why stop there? Grab a sweatshirt, or sleepwear too. HERSHEY’s is doing big things and want you to be comfortable.
If you could have saw the look on my face when I saw the headphones that HERSHEY’S branded. Take your pick from earbuds, mini speakers, even DJ-styled headphones from Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers, Bubble Yum, Reese’s, etc, etc. Throw these in your basket as well and your Easter basket will thank you.
Growing up I really didn’t want to play with dolls, so I asked my father to buy me a train set. I got my train set and was very happy. To this day when I see a train set I just want to play all day with it. Well, if you thought I was amazed when I saw the headphones I was even more in shock when I saw the HERSHEY’s branded model trains, and toy train sets. I wanted to take it home at that very moment but I left it for the other guests to look at. Trains come in HERSHEY’S brands such as Hershey’s Kisses, Milk Duds, Mr Goodbar, and more just to name a few. They have Bubble Yum tank cars, to Ice Breakers Hoppers. The Little Lines HERSHEY’S Train Playset is a great gift for your little one. I know if I would have gotten this in my Easter basket I would be the happiest girl in the world.
HERSHEY’S is stuffing your Easter baskets full of goodies from health & beauty, to accessories, clothing, electronics, and toys. Make Easter better than it was before and incorporate all these wonderful items in your basket. Also, remember these products can be given all year around. What are you waiting for? Let the shopping begin!!
I also have a great DIY craft project for parents and their little bunny hoppers to work on. It’s called “Easter Critter Cups.” My kids and I love arts and craft projects and this looks like a fun craft. Here’s what you will need to get you started.
5 oz plastic cups
Pipe cleaner or chenille stems
Craft foam – Pink, white and orange
Low temperature hot glue gun and glue sticks
Black magic marker
Construction paper – yellow and white
A variety of HERSHEY’S Easter chocolates and candies
1. Using the template cut out the construction paper and wrap it around the cup. Secure the construction paper ends together with tape.
2. To make the handle, use the wire cutters to cut a pipe cleaner (chenille stem). Then with the glue gun, glue each end of the pipe cleaner to the inside of the cup. Let dry.
3. For the bunny, use the white craft foam to cut out two separate ear shapes. Then use the pink foam to cut out the inner ear – mimic the shape of the larger white ear, but size it down slightly. With the glue gun attach the pink foam onto the white foam and then glue the ears to the inside front of the cup. To create whiskers, take the wire cutters and cut a pipe cleaner into two equal pieces. Twist the whiskers into the desired shape and glue to the front of the cup. Let dry.
4. For the duck, take the orange craft foam and cut out an oval shape to create a beak. Fold the craft foam in half and with the glue gun attach the beak at the fold to the front of the cup. For the feet, cut out a u- shape and on the straight side cut out little triangle pieces to create the toes, (four toes for each foot). Glue the feet to the bottom of the cup. Let dry.
5. Glue two wiggle eyes to the front of the cup near center.
6. For the bunny, glue a pompom below the eyes for a nose and use the magic marker to draw the mouth and teeth.
7. For the duckling glue yellow feathers to each side of the cup.
8. Let it dry completely.
9. Put a little Easter grass in each cup and fill with HERSHEY’S Easter chocolates and candies.
You can also go on the website and check out other craft ideas. https://www.hersheys.com/pure-crafts.aspx
Retailers for Hershey’s health & beauty products can be found at:
Walmart, Target, Claire’s, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, etc
Est. retail price: $3.50- $12.50
Retailers for woven accessories are:
Kohl’s, TJ Maxx, Shoe Show, and accessory boutiques nationwide.
Est. retail price: $9.99- $20.00
Retailers for clothing:
Walmart, Fred Meyers, Burlington Coat Factory, Walgreen’s, etc.
Est. retail price: $9.99- $20.00
Retailers for electronics:
Walmart, Walgreens, TJ Maxx, Toys R Us, Best Buy, ITS SUGAR, Ross
Est. retail price $7.99
Retailers for toys:
Est. retail price: $54.99 per train set item, $74.95 for Little Lines Playset
I love all types of chocolate. What’s your favorite chocolate? What accessory would you like in your Easter basket? What would your little ones’s love added to their basket or scavenger hunt? Leave me a comment.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. These are my own words 100% all the time. I was given a gift bag of swag.