As a busy family we are always on the go and look for snacks to keep us energized and must taste great. I look for snacks that transport well, doesn’t get soggy or crushed and keep the kids happy. I’ve listed our favorite snacks my kids and I love. These snacks are great for movie night at home, camping, lunchboxes, road trips, picnics and pajama parties. To be honest they are good anytime and anywhere you want them.
1. Horizon Organic:
Horizon Organic Chocolate Protein Plus – This organic chocolate milk has 15g of protein per bottle, making it a great after-school boost or post-gym recovery drink!
2. Hain Celestial Snacks represent a variety of snacks from Sensible Portions, TERRA and Garden of Eatin.
*Garden of Eatin’ Bowls Tortilla Chips. Available in two delicious flavors: White Corn with Sea Salt and Blue Corn with Sea Salt. Both varieties are certified USDA Organic and non-GMO project verified. Go to http://www.gardenofeatin.com for more info.
*Stackable Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Chips are a fun, better-for-you snack for the whole family. They are made with delicious, wholesome ingredients that pack fun and flavor, not preservatives or fillers and they come in four delicious flavors – Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, Sea Salt and BBQ. Website: http://www.sensibleportions.com
*TERRA comes in two main varieties, Exotic Blend, which includes the original flavor, and Sweet Potato, which includes our sweets and beets flavors. All TERRA Real Vegetable chips are made with non-GMO ingredients, are gluten free and certified kosher. Go to http://www.terrachips.com
3. KingOfPOP. These new Gourmet Popcorn offerings have unexpected flavors, including: CInnamon & Sugar Kettle Corn, Garlic Parmesan, or even Hickory Maple Bacon Kettle Corn, Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Kettle Corn, Sweet Onion Kettle Corn, Buffalo Popcorn, Zesty Ranch Popcorn, and Honey Mustard Popcorn. The price for a 24-pack of 1.4 oz. bags is just $26.40 at http://www.KingOfPOP.com.
4. Cheryl’s is famous for their buttercream frosting, which uses only the finest ingredients, such as rich, creamy butter, go into these soft, delicious, smooth cookies. After more than a year of research and product development, Cheryl’s recently launched its first gluten-free baked goods line, produced in a dedicated gluten-free facility. Check out http://www.cheryls.com
5. Del Monte Fruit Refreshers Fruit Cups. It’s for adults but my kids love them too. I love the adult size and the flavors like Pineapple in Passion Fruit lightly sweetened in Fruit Water. Go to http://www.delmonte.com for more info.
6. Organic BROWNIE BRITTLE is available in three flavors including: Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate & Pretzel and Chocolate & Toasted Coconut, with the latter two flavor combinations new to the BROWNIE BRITTLE family. These three flavors are available in a five-ounce resealable package and will retail for $4.99. In addition, Organic Chocolate Chip BROWNIE BRITTLE is available in a 16-ounce club store-sized bag. Head to browniebrittle.com